Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Importance of a Mommy Time-out

As a mother of four beautiful, intelligent, and spirited little girls, there are many times that it is not the children in need of a time-out but it is me. Motherhood, as all moms know, is the most exhausting and rewarding job on the planet.

I created this blog as a way to connect with other mothers and to share my perspectives, humor, and questions plus gain the same from others. I will always try to end a post with a little upbeat or funny video, picture, or quote just to help lighten the mood of any mother reading the blog.

I enjoy and encourage comments, stories, and feedback from anyone moved to do so and will try to do the same for others. Connecting with mothers and sharing in the joys, horrors, and craziness that this role entails makes getting through the rough times a little easier.

The stories that I post are just experiences I have had with my own little girls or stories of mothers that are close to me and have a impact on my parenting. Please feel free to offer your own experiences and ideas on the subject at hand but remember to be respectful of other people's views and thoughts. 

I am a working mother and student so I will be writing about motherhood from that perspective and would love to hear from the perspective of stay at home mothers or any other combination that is out there (even stay at home dads!).

I hope you enjoy my blog and hope to hear from you soon. Until then, here is my first little closing tidbit! 
Image Credit: thefunnyplanet

6 comments:

  1. Cheers to you, Lynsee. I look forward to participating in this blog, as I have a 3 year old son (or ninja turtle) and understand the tiresome reward that motherhood bears. Children are incredibly honest and innocent, and consequently hilarious. As a full-time student, full-time mommy, and part time bartender, this blog will help lift my spirits on stressful days, and allow me to share joyous moments to brighten another's stressful days. I would love to share photos, as soon as I figure out how to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your interest in my blog! I am also in the service industry and am glad that people find kids as funny as I do. I encourage to help me in my escapade of brightening the days of as many parents as possible. It is funny that you call your son a ninja turtle, I refer to my children as my flying monkeys. I hope you visit the blog frequently and enjoy my "looking on the bright side" point of view.

      Delete
  2. Hi there!
    I found your closing tidbit picture to be very funny!! Although I am not a mother, I became a first time aunt to a beautiful little girl about 10 months ago!! I spend as much time with her as I possibly can and I love every minute of it. I will say I find myself getting frustrated with her often so I cant imagine the amount of patience you must have to be a mommy of four girls! I am definitely learning some mommy training tips and tricks for when I do become a mom. I look forward to reading more on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also an aunt of 2 more girls and it is an awesome title to have! You can fill them with sugar and buy all the messy and noisy toys and send them home! Thank you for the interest in my blog and it is smart to get a head start on tips and tricks for motherhood.

      Delete
  3. As a mother myself, I always enjoy reading what other mothers are experiencing. I like to know that I am not the only one with a crazy kid! Comparing notes and trading ideas helps to keep me sane. I look forward to reading and contributing to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen it all when it comes to crazy kids and hope that my experiences help or at least give you a chuckle. Thank you for your interest and contribution!

      Delete